Industry 4.0 applications in food and beverage provide answers to an interconnected environment that supports flexible and efficient production, value chains, and improved ways to protect the environment.
The integration of smart systems and data analytics in the food and beverage industry allows actors to make the right decisions. Also, it helps them make the most of available resources while reducing manufacturing process errors and improving bottom lines.
Besides, this integration has helped the sector to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as well as water and power consumption, therefore protecting the environment.
Keep reading to understand what impact Industry 4.0 applications have had on the food and beverage industry.
What Is Industry 4.0?
The term Industry 4.0 has gained importance lately. The idea behind it is to create more connected and efficient manufacture processes that can adapt to changing customer preferences. As a result, we can expect to see an increase in data-driven decisions, predictive maintenance, and other digital technologies.
Manufacturing the Future
Technology is changing the way production processes and equipment data is collected in the food and beverage industry.
From manual data collection, which is inevitably flawed, to automated collection that provides accurate real-time data, Industry 4.0 creates opportunities for innovation and drives smart manufacturing.
Industry 4.0 applications allows actors to:
- Merge data from multiple sources to get an overall view of the manufacturing processes and identify inefficiencies.
- Monitor equipment performance using sensors that can predict potential maintenance issues.
- Visualize data and other key information to boost productivity, reduce energy consumption, and automate part replacement.
Key Industry 4.0 Trends for Food and Beverage
79% of food and beverage companies are becoming more concerned about sustainability. As a result, efforts will be made to create a more sustainable industry that can produce goods without harming the environment. 4i Platform tools like Cenergy allow you to monitor energy consumption and direct it where it is most needed. An easy and practical way of looking after the environment.
Another popular tend is the increase of food safety regulations. In order to comply, companies turn to both new technology and data collection and analysis.
Benefits of 4i Platform’s Industry 4.0 Applications in Food and Beverage
Increased production visibility: you get fast and timely asset performance, product quality, and asset efficiency data. Tools like OEEasy help reduce unplanned downtimes and production bottlenecks as well as boost efficiency and productivity because they allow users to monitor production from any device.
- One source of information: different equipment records data in different formats. With plant-wide data collection, manufacturers can get rid of assumptions, doubts, and lack of communication between machines. It saves time and effort when trying to find the right information.
- Cost optimization: the implementation of data collection helps production process monitoring, process improvement, production increase, as waste reduction, as well as a general cost reduction.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is in full swing and will heavily impact industry in the near future.
Industry 4.0 applications help optimize production, reduce costs, and improve product quality. 4i Platform can help you achieve these goals quickly and easily improving equipment efficiency, reducing costs, boosting production, and reducing the carbon footprint for a more sustainable business.